If one had a choice to avoid something, it would be Acne. Acne not only leads to uneven skin texture but also is known for contributing to emotional distress. However, acne can be successfully controlled or prevented by using the right medication and some simple remedies. However, it is recommended to consult an expert or professional, especially when your acne is severe. Acne can also cause scarring, which should be addressed only after a person’s active acne is under control. We want to take this opportunity to help you understand the different kinds of acne and various ways to control them.
Acne occurs when the sebaceous glands attached to the hair follicles are stimulated and they end up producing excess sebum. It may also occur due to clogged pores. Pores are usually blocked by oil, bacteria and dead skin cells develop into zits on some people’s skin repeatedly.
People often confuse acne to be pimple outbreaks on the face. However, acne can develop anywhere on the body. They can be seen in various forms such as pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Acne can be categorized into inflammatory and Non-inflammatory
Inflammatory acne includes nodules (solid lumps below the surface of your skin), papules (small, raised, red bumps), pustules (puss-filled tips on red bumps) and cysts (large puss-filled lumps found beneath the skin). Inflammatory acne usually causes scarring.
Non-inflammatory acne includes whiteheads (tiny whitish bumps on the skin) and blackheads (black colored bumps on the skin).
There are various reasons for a person to develop acne. A few common reasons might be- Hormonal change, Stress, Diet, Genes, and Weather.
How to get rid of Acne?
There are different Medical procedures and Over the counter drugs available to fight acne.
A few medical procedures include Laser Therapy, Chemical peel, Microdermabrasion, Steroid injections, etc..
There are so many over the counter antibiotics and other products that are available that help in fighting acne.
Though these products might give you satisfactory results, they might also end up messing with your system inside out. They might give you unwanted side effects which you might have to deal with for the rest of your life.
The best way to fight acne is a natural way. There are so many ingredients that you can take from the surroundings that help you fight acne. Tea tree oil, Turmeric, Honey, Cinnamon, Aloe vera, Cucumber, Neem oil- all these are readily available around us and could be used as house remedies to treat acne. All these are usually free from harmful toxins that your body will readily accept without giving any adverse reactions.
At Thirigi, we have done exactly that. We have used all those “house remedy” ingredients to formulate an anti-acne cream and a Skin clarifying face wash- both of which help in fighting and preventing acne.
All the ingredients that go into our formulations are completely natural/ plant-based free from chemicals.
More often than not, people forget to follow basic skincare tips. It is always essential for you to follow a basic skincare routine to keep your skin clean and breathing.
- Wash your face at least twice a day to remove dirt and pollution from your skin. Thirigi’s Black magic, a Bamboo charcoal soap removes all the dirt, maintains skin pH level and reduces oiliness. If you have severe acne, we recommend the use of a mild facewash like our Skin clarifying face wash.
- Drink lots of water to hydrate your skin and prevent it from overproducing sebum. Too much sebum may lead to clogged pores.
- Wear sunscreen every time you step out of the house in the day. Direct exposure to the sun can dry up your skin. This can result in excess sebum production.
- Avoid oil-based makeup products. They may clog your pores. Water-based makeup products are recommended for acne-prone skin.
- Remove your makeup before you sleep. Don’t buy oil-based makeup removers.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize on a regular basis. Follow a skincare regimen that helps your skin maintain its pH levels and prevents clogging. Thirigi’s water-based Hydrating gel works very well in removing make-up and also as an amazing night gel.
- Exfoliating your skin every day. However, exfoliating too much can stimulate sebum production in the skin. Use gentle scrubs whenever you do.
- Don’t pop your pimples. Popping your pimples can break skin barriers and infect other pores. This may result in acne breakouts.
- Cleanse and detox your body. Thirig’s Detox and Curcumin capsules will help you completely detox your body and help in preventing further breakouts.